[openstack-dev] [neutron][stable] status update and call for action

Ihar Hrachyshka ihrachys at redhat.com
Mon Jul 25 20:09:44 UTC 2016

Carl Baldwin <carl at ecbaldwin.net> wrote:

> I appreciate how you're trying to steer this big ship in a new direction
> to improve support for our releases. I know it must be frustrating when
> it doesn't turn as quickly as it should.
>
> On Thu, Jun 30, 2016 at 8:56 AM, Ihar Hrachyshka <ihrachys at redhat.com>
> wrote:
> For the start, I produced a bunch of topic specific LP dashboards,
> specifically:
>
> - ipv6: https://goo.gl/dyu1d1
> - dns: https://goo.gl/9H2BlK
> - l3-ipam-dhcp: https://goo.gl/v4XWE4
> - l3-dvr-backlog: https://goo.gl/sx0KL5
> - l3-ha: https://goo.gl/QIIRa1
>
> Ihar, I've add the above five to the L3 team agenda [1] under our bug
> topic. We will have a discussion about this in our meeting. Our team has
> been putting progressively more emphasis on bugs and this is another
> step. I don't know how this will turn out yet but I think it is worth
> bringing up to the team.

Great, let the team decide. It will be interesting to hear whether the
process as described makes sense, and whether there are improvements that
could help to adopt the process in your flow.

> - api: https://goo.gl/d66XtB
> - db: https://goo.gl/8NNtym
> - loadimpact: https://goo.gl/xQuKRc
> - ovs: https://goo.gl/Zr70co
> - linuxbridge: https://goo.gl/CrcCzU
> - sg-fw: https://goo.gl/K9lkdA
> - qos: https://goo.gl/9kRCJv
>
> (There are more tags to consider, but let’s start with those.)
>
> Is there will to help with the process?
>
> I'm eager to help but I tend to run a little bit oversubscribed so it can
> be difficult to change my behavior.  :)

I don’t think it should be up to any single person. I believe it’s a
cultural thing that, as you said above, will obviously require some time to
deflect. If everyone buys the new world, it shouldn’t be a huge load per
person. If it’s just a bunch of people on the team taking care, it’s indeed
prone to oversubscription. We should avoid the latter by spreading the load
as wide as possible. Hence my call to subteams.

Thanks
Ihar