[openstack-dev] [devstack] libvirt/qemu source install plugin.

Markus Zoeller mzoeller at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Thu Jul 21 12:25:46 UTC 2016

On 20.07.2016 22:38, Mooney, Sean K wrote:
> Hi
> I recently had the need to test a feature (vhost-user reconnect) that was commit to the
> qemu source tree a few weeks ago. As there has been no release since then I needed
> to build from source so to that end I wrote a small devstack plugin to do just that.
>
> I was thinking of opening a review to create a new repo to host the plugin under
> The openstack namespace (openstack/devstack-plugin-libvirt-qemu) but before
> I do I wanted to ask if others are interested In a devstack plugin that just compiles
> and installs qemu and Libvirt?
>
> Regards
> Sean.

tonby and I try to make the devstack plugin "additional package repos"
(apr) work [1]. What you did is within the scope of that project. We
also have an experimental job "gate-tempest-dsvm-nova-libvirt-kvm-apr"[2].
The last time I worked on this I wasn't able to create installable *.deb
packages from libvirt + qemu source code. Other work items did then get
more important and I had to pause the work on that.
I think we can work together to combine our efforts there.