[openstack-dev] [cinder] [nova] os-brick privsep failures and an upgrade strategy?

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Wed Jul 20 23:26:03 UTC 2016

On 07/12/2016 06:25 AM, Matt Riedemann wrote:
<snip>
> We probably aren't doing anything while Sean Dague is on vacation. He's
> back next week and we have the nova/cinder meetups, so I'm planning on
> talking about the grenade issue in person and hopefully we'll have a
> plan by the end of next week to move forward.

After some discussions at the Nova midcycle we threw together an
approach where we just always allow privsep-helper from oslo.rootwrap.

https://review.openstack.org/344450

We did a sniff test of this, and it worked to roll over the upgrade
boundary, without an etc change, and work with osbrick 1.4.0 (currently
blacklisted because of the upgrade issue). While I realize it wasn't the
favorite approach by many it works. It's 3 lines of functional change.
If we land this, release, and bump the minimum, we've got the upgrade
issue solved in this cycle.

Please take a look and see if we can agree to this path forward.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague
http://dague.net