[openstack-dev] [tc][all] Big tent? (Related to Plugins for all)

Julien Danjou julien at danjou.info
Wed Jul 20 09:58:24 UTC 2016

On Tue, Jul 19 2016, Clint Byrum wrote:

> Perhaps if we form and start working together as a group, we can disect
> why nothing happened, build consensus on the most important thing to do
> next, and actually fix some architectural problems. The social structure
> that teams have is a huge part of the deadlock we find ourselves in
> with certain controversial changes. The idea is to unroll the dependency
> loop and start _somewhere_ rather than where a lot of these efforts die:
> starting _everywhere_.

I agree with your analysis, but I fail to see how e.g. a group of people
X stating that Y should work this way in Cinder is going to achieve any
change if nobody from Cinder is in X from the beginning.

This is basically what seems to happen in many [working] groups as far
as I can see.

--
Julien Danjou
;; Free Software hacker