[openstack-dev] [TripleO] tripleo-common bugs, bug tracking and launchpad tags

Julie Pichon jpichon at redhat.com
Mon Jul 18 11:28:10 UTC 2016

Hi,

On Friday Dougal mentioned on IRC that he hadn't realised there was a
separate project for tripleo-common bugs on Launchpad [1] and that he'd
been using the TripleO main tracker [2] instead.

Since the TripleO tracker is also used for client bugs (as far as I can
tell?), and there doesn't seem to be a huge amount of tripleo-common
bugs perhaps it would make sense to also track those in the main
tracker? If there is a previous conversation or document about bug
triaging beyond [3] I apologise for missing it (and would love a
URL!). At the moment it's a bit confusing.

If we do encourage using the same bug tracker for multiple components,
I think it would be useful to curate a list of official tags [4]. The
main advantage of doing that is that the tags will auto-complete so
it'd be easier to keep them consistent (and thus actually useful).

Personally, I wanted to look through open bugs against
python-tripleoclient but people use different ways of marking them at
the moment - e.g. [tripleoclient] or [python-tripleoclient] or
tripleoclient (or nothing?) in the bug name. I tried my luck at adding
a 'tripleoclient' tag [5] to the obvious ones as an example. Maybe
something shorter like 'cli', 'common' would make more sense. If there
are other tags that come back regularly it'd probably be helpful to
list them explicitly as well.

Julie

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/tripleo-common
[2] https://bugs.launchpad.net/tripleo