[openstack-dev] [Magnum] Discussing approaches to build `Discovery options for bay types`

Vipul Nayyar nayyar23 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 11:27:19 UTC 2016

Hey All,

Wanted to discuss integration of locally hosted discovery mechanisms, as
proposed in the following blueprint
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/magnum/+spec/bay-type-discovery-options.

As suggested by Hongbin, taking inspiration from the etcd approach is good
https://coreos.com/etcd/docs/latest/clustering.html. Although, there are
multiple ways to implement this including passing static config or using an
etcd discovery service. I believe as a first step, I should work on a
static discovery option for a pre-defined cluster with similar arguments as
passed to etcd.

Thoughts and suggestions from the community would be great.

Regards
Vipul Nayyar