[openstack-dev] [ironic] weekly subteam status report

Loo, Ruby ruby.loo at intel.com
Mon Jul 11 19:45:04 UTC 2016

Hi,

We are veracious to present this week's subteam report for Ironic. As usual, this is pulled directly from the Ironic whiteboard[0] and formatted.

Bugs (dtantsur)
===============
- Stats (diff with 27 June 2016)
- Ironic: 197 bugs (-10) + 197 wishlist items (+6). 10 new (-2), 142 in progress (+2), 0 critical, 29 high (-3) and 25 incomplete (-1)
- Inspector: 9 bugs (+2) + 21 wishlist items (+1). 0 new, 7 in progress (+2), 0 critical, 2 high (+1) and 2 incomplete (+1)
- Nova bugs with Ironic tag: 11 (-3). 1 new (+1), 0 critical, 0 high

Network isolation (Neutron/Ironic work) (jroll, TheJulia, devananda)
* trello: https://trello.com/c/HWVHhxOj/1-multi-tenant-networking-network-isolation
- Currently blocked on contention regarding network_interface, and a possible default value which conflicts with the driver composition model.
- The nova FF has passed and https://review.openstack.org/#/c/297895/ is dependent upon the ironic code landing.

Gate improvements (jlvillal, lucasagomes, dtantsur)
- the last inspector gate job (source job running on IPA) is switched to tinyipa

Generic boot-from-volume (TheJulia, dtantsur, lucasagomes)
* trello: https://trello.com/c/UttNjDB7/13-generic-boot-from-volume
- Spec still in review.

Agent top-level API promotion (dtantsur)
* trello: https://trello.com/c/37YuKIB8/28-promote-agent-vendor-passthru-to-core-api
- code patches are up and under review: https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:bug/1570841

Driver composition (dtantsur)
=============================
* trello: https://trello.com/c/fTya14y6/14-driver-composition
- started working on code patches

OpenStackClient plugin for ironic (thrash, dtantsur, rloo)
* trello: https://trello.com/c/ckqtq3kG/16-openstackclient-plugin-for-ironic
- stalled, needs someone to check the spec against the actual code
    - rloo volunteers to do this fun job

Notifications (mariojv)
=======================
* trello: https://trello.com/c/MD8HNcwJ/17-notifications
- code patches are up and need reviews. just rebased after merge conflict from friday, so jenkins is reverifying
    - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/298461/ had a +2 and a +1 before, responded to -1 comments after that
    - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/321865/

Keystone policy support (JayF, devananda)
* trello: https://trello.com/c/P5q3Es2z/15-keystone-policy-support
- Spec needs reviews
- Code is in progress, needs some more work

Serial console (yossy, hshiina, yuikotakadamori)
* trello: https://trello.com/c/nm3I8djr/20-serial-console
- Ironic:
    - spec: approved
    - code: needs review
- Nova:
    - spec: not required
    - code: needs review
Nova Feature Freeze was last week and this didn't get a FFE (feature freeze exception) so will not land in Newton

Enhanced root device hints (lucasagomes)
* trello: https://trello.com/c/f9DTEvDB/21-enhanced-root-device-hints
- stalled on getting nova's ops matcher into oslo.utils for use by ironic

Rescue mode (JayF)
==================
* trello: https://trello.com/c/PwH1pexJ/23-rescue-mode
- spec needs reviews still

Inspector (dtansur)
===================
- Our grenade job passed for the first time and now runs non-voting in the check pipeline
- It does not run any inspection tests though, working on it: https://review.openstack.org/336532
    - blocked by grenade patch: https://review.openstack.org/337372
- newton-2 releases were done

Cross-project:
==============
- QA (dtantsur)
    - the gate is moving from Python 3.4 to Python 3.5. There will be a new non-voting job very soon. It's up to us when we decide to switch our master to Python 3.5. Stable branches stay on 3.4. Details: http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2016-July/098665.html

Drivers:
========
iLO (wanyen)
 - The CI is enabled for all three ilo drivers. Due to some space issue on the base hardware where we have jenkins setup, we have temporarily shut down the CI.
- The patches https://review.openstack.org/264590 and https://review.openstack.org/266803 are there in review from long time and needed for ilo drivers CI. Since these are not getting reviews, they move to merge conflict state any time.

Until next week,
--ruby

[0] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/IronicWhiteBoard