[openstack-dev] [nova][nova-docker] Retiring nova-docker project

Amrith Kumar amrith at tesora.com
Fri Jul 8 11:10:11 UTC 2016

Does it make sense that this conversation about the merits of nova-docker be had before the retirement is actually initiated. It seems odd that in the face of empirical evidence of actual use (user survey) we merely hypothesize that people are likely using their own forks and therefore it is fine to retire this project.

As ttx indicates there is nothing wrong with a project with low activity. That said, if the issue is that nova-docker is not actively maintained and broken, then what it needs is contributors not retirement.

-amrith