[openstack-dev] [nova][nova-docker] Retiring nova-docker project

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Fri Jul 8 08:11:59 UTC 2016

Matt Riedemann wrote:
> [...]
> Expand the numbers to 6 months and you'll see only 13 commits.
>
> It's surprisingly high in the user survey (page 39):
>
> https://www.openstack.org/assets/survey/April-2016-User-Survey-Report.pdf
>
> So I suspect most users/deployments are just running their own forks.

Why ? Is it completely unusable as it stands ? 13 commits in 6 months
sounds like enough activity to keep something usable (if it was usable
in the first place). We have a lot of (official) projects and libraries
with less activity than that :)

I'm not sure we should be retiring an unofficial project if it's usable,
doesn't have critical security issues and is used by a number of
people... Now, if it's unusable and abandoned, that's another story.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)