[openstack-dev] [neutron][linux bridge]

Bhatia, Manjeet S manjeet.s.bhatia at intel.com
Thu Jul 7 23:59:53 UTC 2016

Hi,

There is work in progress for pure python driven linux network configuration. I think most
of work will be done with this patch https://review.openstack.org/#/c/155631/ . The only
thing left after this will be linux bridge configuration, Which I would like to discuss with
community. There are two ways at the moment I can think to do that implementation,
First, use pybrctl which may need some changes in library itself in order for full support.
It will clean up the code from neutron. But looking pybrctl code which is just executing
Shell commands, another solution which Brandon Logan discussed is move the existing
Code for executing those commands to neutron-lib, which I think is better solution. I would
like to have views of community, especially people working neutron-lib about moving
python code for executing brctl commands to neutron-lib.

Thanks and Regards !
Manjeet Singh Bhatia