[openstack-dev] [puppet] Request to add puppet-dpdk module

Russell Bryant rbryant at redhat.com
Thu Jul 7 21:06:53 UTC 2016

On Thu, Jul 7, 2016 at 5:12 AM, Saravanan KR <skramaja at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We are working on blueprint [1] to integrate DPDK with tripleo. In the
> process, we are planning to add a new puppet module "puppet-dpdk" for the
> required puppet changes.
>
> The initial version of the repository is at github [2]. Note that the
> changes are
> ​not ​
> complete yet. It is in progress.
>
> Please let us know your views on including this new module.
>
> Regards,
> Saravanan KR
>>
> [1] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/tripleo/+spec/tripleo-ovs-dpdk
> [2] https://github.com/krsacme/puppet-dpdk

​I took a quick look at Emilien's request.  In general, including this
functionality in the puppet openstack project makes sense to me.

It looks like this is installing and configuring openvswitch-dpdk.  Have
you considered integrating DPDK awareness into the existing puppet-vswitch
that configures openvswitch?  Why is a separate puppet-dpdk needed?

--
Russell Bryant