[openstack-dev] [storlets] Starting storlets releases

eran at itsonlyme.name eran at itsonlyme.name
Wed Jul 6 14:44:03 UTC 2016

Hi,
Its high time we started to have storlet releases.
For one thing it will help us resolve the problem we face with the new
COPY middleware: fixing this on master is not backward compatible.

Some random thoughts:
1. The releases will - at first - follow those of openstack, and the
first release will be mitaka
2. A release will be a branch.
3. Future releases may include artifacts such as the common jar
required for writing storlet, and perhaps a docker image on docker hub
with s2aio allowing to test the storlet.

Here is the initial plan:
1. land the single range to run locally on object server
2. land the storlet request refactoring work done by Takashi.
3. update the install scripts and docs to use keystone v3.
4. create the mitaka branch.

Any comments/additions are mostly welcome.
Thanks,
Eran