[openstack-dev] [designate][charms] Synchronising domains with new bind9 server

Liam Young liam.young at canonical.com
Fri Jul 1 17:00:19 UTC 2016

Hi,

I'm trying to add a new bind9 pool_target to an existing pool. The problem
is that the new bind server has no knowledge of the existing zones as it
missed the addzone commands when the domains where created. It seems to me
I have 3 options:

1) To sync the zone + nzf files from an existing bind9 pool_target
2) Write a script to extract a list of domains for all tenants from
designate and convert those into  "rndc addzone" commands targeted at the
new unit
3) Some builtin designate method I've yet to discover?

What would you recommend?

I'm writing a designate and designate bind Juju charm and testing scaleout
which is what caused me to trip over this issue. So for option 1 I'll need
to synchronise a directory between Juju units of an application does anyone
have a neat way of doing this?
Thanks
Liam