[openstack-dev] [nova] Feature suggestion - API for creating VM without powering it up

Shoham Peller shoham.peller at stratoscale.com
Wed Jan 27 15:10:17 UTC 2016

Thank you for your reply.

This approach has 3 disadvantages that I can think of:

1. An image might have configurations processes that only happen on the
first boot and require user input. This is a probable use-case
2. Not all images support cloud-init
3. This creates an unnecessary load on the compute node.

I believe a create-in-shutoff-state is a more scalable, more robust
approach.

Shoham Peller