[openstack-dev] [nova][testing] How to run a subset of py34 unit tests

melanie witt melwittt at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 05:50:32 UTC 2016

On Jan 25, 2016, at 17:57, melanie witt <melwittt at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks!! That's indeed the same problem and removing the '$' from the exclude_regex worked for me. (ostestr --blacklist_file tests-py3.txt --regex "nova.tests.unit.network" ran all non-blacklisted network tests)

Argh, I spoke too soon, removing '$' stops it from excluding tests in the blacklist. I had gotten mixed up when I looked at the output of the ostestr --list with the difference in the exclude_regex.

For example:

testr list-tests '^((?!nova.tests.unit.volume.test_cinder.CinderApiTestCase).)*'

will *include* all of the nova.tests.unit.volume.test_cinder.CinderApiTestCase tests.

Whereas:

testr list-tests '^((?!nova.tests.unit.volume.test_cinder.CinderApiTestCase).)*$'

will exclude the nova.tests.unit.volume.test_cinder.CinderApiTestCase tests.

:(

-melanie