[openstack-dev] [nova] gate blockage due to eventlet 0.18

Victor Stinner vstinner at redhat.com
Mon Jan 25 08:36:29 UTC 2016

Hi,

Oops, I feel guilty, I wrote the patch which introduced the regression
:-/ My patch fixes a bug on Python 3: "sock.makefile('rb').readline()
doesn't handle blocking errors correctly"
https://github.com/eventlet/eventlet/issues/274

I was relying on the eventlet test suite, but it looks like it lacks an
unit test on sendto(). FYI I sent a pull request sunday, but just after
that I noticed that Jakub Stasiak already fixed the regression. My new
pull request adds an unit test on sendto() and recvfrom() (UDP socket)
which should help to avoid similar regression:
https://github.com/eventlet/eventlet/pull/292

The best would be to run some OpenStack tests on the development branch
of eventlet in a CI, or at least run OpenStack tests on new eventlet
release. It became common to see regression on eventlet releases, it
looks like eventlet test suite is too small.

Victor