[openstack-dev] [Monasca] alarms based on events

Hochmuth, Roland M roland.hochmuth at hpe.com
Fri Jan 22 18:31:07 UTC 2016

Hi Prema, I assumed that the component that is translating and sending to the Monasca API would be sending metrics periodically. If that isn't the case, then support for non-periodic metrics would need to be added.

Sorry, I should heave realized this in my previous response.

I don't think it would be difficult to add support for non-periodic metrics/alarms. There are a couple of approaches we could take, so a design discussion would be good to have if you are interested in implementing this. This is feature that we are not working on right now, but it is on our list to implement in the near future.

Regards --Roland