[openstack-dev] [Neutron] L3-HA - Solution for GW not pingable issue bug/1365461

Lubosz Kosnik lubosz.kosnik at intel.com
Thu Jan 21 09:12:40 UTC 2016

He neutrinos,

Currently I'm working on this bug [1]. Almost one year ago Yoni Shafrir
prepared a patch to fix this issue but he got in review information that
this solution must be changed because it's using only one script to
check the GW availability and because of that it cannot be used in multi
tenat environment.
I tooked his code and was trying to upgrade that code to support
multiple scripts but I was designed separate solution for that.
I would like to know what do you think about this solution.

1. Add bash script generator to neutron/agent/linux/keepalived.py
2. There will be one script per one keepalived instance per node
3. There are two possible solutions for checking is everything is
working OK. Script will verify:
     a. That all interfaces are up - internal router interfaces in
namespace, external interface taken from neutron configuration file and
also br-tun/br-int interfaces.
     b. That GW is pingable from router NS - there is only one problem
what if GW is not configured in router already - plus we could ping
other network node or other server which IP is specified in some
configuration.

That solution will also fix this issue [2].
I would hear from you what do you think about that two possible
solutions and what do you think about whole solution at all.

Cheers,
Lubosz (diltram) Kosnik

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1365461
[2] https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1375625