[openstack-dev] [puppet] [oslo] Proposal of adding puppet-oslo to OpenStack

Xingchao Yu yuxcer at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 17:57:36 UTC 2016

Hi, Emilien:

     Thanks for your efforts on this topic, I didn't attend V release
summit and missed related discussion about puppet-oslo.

     As the reason for not using a unified way to manage oslo_* parameters
is there maybe exist different oslo_* version between openstack projects.

     I have an idea to solve this potential problem,we can maintain several
versions of puppet-oslo, each module can map to different version of
puppet-oslo.

    It would be something like follows: (the map info is not true, just for
example)

    In Mitaka release
    puppet-nova maps to puppet-oslo with 8.0.0
    puppet-designate maps to puppet-oslo with 7.0.0
    puppet-murano maps to puppet-oslo with 6.0.0

    In Newton release
    puppet-nova maps to puppet-oslo with 9.0.0
    puppet-designate maps to puppet-oslo with 9.0.0
    puppet-murano maps to puppet-oslo with 7.0.0

    And by the way, most of projects' requirements.txt
and test-requirements.txt are maintained automatically by requirements
project(https://github.com/openstack/requirements), they have the same
version of oslo.* projects.
    So there maybe minor projects would need extra efforts.