[openstack-dev] [Nova] sponsor some LVM development

Premysl Kouril premysl.kouril at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 19:49:51 UTC 2016

Hello everybody,

we are a Europe based operator and we have a case for LVM based nova
instances in our new cloud infrastructure. We are currently
considering to contribute to OpenStack Nova to implement some features
which are currently not supported for LVM based instances (they are
only supported for raw/qcow2 file based instances). As an example of
such features - nova block live migration or thin provisioning - these
nowadays don't work with LVM based instances (they do work for file
based).

Before actually diving into development here internally - we wanted to
check on possibility to actually sponsor this development within
existing community. So if there is someone who would be interested in
this work please drop me an email.

Regards,
Prema