[openstack-dev] [api] api working group proposed actions guideline needs input

michael mccune msm at redhat.com
Mon Jan 18 16:28:25 UTC 2016

On 01/18/2016 10:05 AM, Michael Krotscheck wrote:
> Also: I like using the same word for things. Is there a meaningful
> enough difference between "Actions", "Transitions", and "Tasks", that
> requires different words?

not that i have detected, although i would love hear other opinions on this.

i have to admit that this is the first time i'm hearing "transitions",
and i feel it could be looked at separately from "actions" or "tasks".
but i think this is largely a semantic debate.

i do think it would be useful to coalesce on a standard term for what we
are talking about.

regards,
mike