[openstack-dev] [TripleO] Mitaka Milestone 2

John Trowbridge trown at redhat.com
Mon Jan 18 15:59:03 UTC 2016

Hola Otripletas,

According to the official schedule[1], this week is scheduled for Mitaka
milestone 2. Do we intend to have something working for this milestone?

I have been tracking the issues when deploying with current from all
other projects[2] (as opposed to using an old pinned delorean for
non-tripleo projects). This has been a rapidly moving target (that we
have yet to hit for Mitaka), since we are not doing this in CI (which I
totally get the reasons for).

I think if we want to have TripleO working with the rest of OpenStack's
Mitaka milestone 2, we will need to prioritize resolving the outstanding
issues this week. I would love to see us not merge anything that is not
related to either adding some validation of the deployed overcloud or
fixing some issue related to deploying with delorean current for all
packages.

One huge benefit to TripleO of doing this prioritization would be the
free testing we could get in RDO next week. Otherwise, I will have to do
my best to hack around the known issues for the RDO test day, which will
not be a true test of TripleO.

Another benefit, would be that if we get RDO CI testing TripleO as part
of our delorean promotion process, TripleO will be able to use the
automated current-passed-ci link instead of the manual current-tripleo
link. It will then be much easier to trace issues close to when they are
introduced rather than having a huge number of commits to comb through,
with many issues happening concurrently.

- trown

[1] http://docs.openstack.org/releases/schedules/mitaka.html
[2] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/delorean_master_current_issues