[openstack-dev] [nova][bugs] nova-bugs-team IRC meeting
mzoeller at de.ibm.com
Wed Jan 13 12:24:06 UTC 2016
I'd like to revive the nova-bugs-team IRC meeting. As I want to chair
those meetings in my "bug czar" role, the timeslots are bound to my
timezone (UTC+1). The two bi-weekly alternating slots I have in mind
* Tuesdays, 10:00 UTC biweekly-odd (to get folks to the east of me)
* Tuesdays, 16:00 UTC biweekly-even (to get folks to the west of me)
By choosing these slots, the concluded action items of this meeting can
be finished until the next nova meeting of the same week on Thursday.
The "early" and "late" timeslot is diametrical to the slots of the nova
meeting to allow you to attend one of those meetings for your timezone.
Day odd week even week
----------------- -------- --------- ---------
nova meeting Thursday 21:00 UTC 14:00 UTC
nova bugs meeting Tuesday 10:00 UTC 16:00 UTC
Let me know if you think these slots are not reasonable. My goal is
to have the first kick-off meeting at the 9th of February at 10:00 UTC.
The scope of the team meeting:
* discuss and set the report-priority of bugs since the last meeting
if not yet done.
* decide action items for bug reports which need further attention
* expire bugs which are hit by the expiration-policy unless someone
* get one or more volunteers for the rotating bug-skimming-duty.
Get feedback from the volunteers from the previous week if there
are noteworthy items.
* check if new problem areas are emerging
* discuss process adjustments/changes if necessary
* spreading knowledge and discuss open points
Review  contains my (WIP) proposal of the process I have in mind.
This still needs concensus, but this is not the focus in this post.
The first meeting(s) can be used as a kick-off to discuss items in
 Nova docs: "Bug Process": https://review.openstack.org/#/c/266453
Regards, Markus Zoeller (markus_z)
More information about the OpenStack-dev