[openstack-dev] [nova][bugs] nova-bugs-team IRC meeting

Markus Zoeller mzoeller at de.ibm.com
Wed Jan 13 12:24:06 UTC 2016

Hey folks,

I'd like to revive the nova-bugs-team IRC meeting. As I want to chair
those meetings in my "bug czar" role, the timeslots are bound to my
timezone (UTC+1). The two bi-weekly alternating slots I have in mind
are:
* Tuesdays, 10:00 UTC biweekly-odd  (to get folks to the east of me)
* Tuesdays, 16:00 UTC biweekly-even (to get folks to the west of me)
By choosing these slots, the concluded action items of this meeting can
be finished until the next nova meeting of the same week on Thursday.
The "early" and "late" timeslot is diametrical to the slots of the nova
meeting to allow you to attend one of those meetings for your timezone.

                   Day       odd week   even week
-----------------  --------  ---------  ---------
nova meeting       Thursday  21:00 UTC  14:00 UTC
nova bugs meeting  Tuesday   10:00 UTC  16:00 UTC

Let me know if you think these slots are not reasonable. My goal is
to have the first kick-off meeting at the 9th of February at 10:00 UTC.

The scope of the team meeting:
* discuss and set the report-priority of bugs since the last meeting
  if not yet done.
* decide action items for bug reports which need further attention
* expire bugs which are hit by the expiration-policy unless someone
  disagrees.
* get one or more volunteers for the rotating bug-skimming-duty.
  Get feedback from the volunteers from the previous week if there
  are noteworthy items.
* check if new problem areas are emerging
* discuss process adjustments/changes if necessary
* spreading knowledge and discuss open points

Review [1] contains my (WIP) proposal of the process I have in mind.
This still needs concensus, but this is not the focus in this post.
The first meeting(s) can be used as a kick-off to discuss items in
that proposal.