[openstack-dev] How to get the current stable release

Christian Berendt christian at berendt.io
Tue Jan 12 07:55:47 UTC 2016

Sorry if this is a stupid question and I waste your time. I am looking
for a file that speicifes the name and version number of the latest
stable release.

I have not found this information in the governance repository (I only
found a hard coded variable called latest_stable_branch in the
tool/stable.py script, using kilo as the current value
(https://github.com/openstack/governance/blob/master/tools/stable.py#L21-L24)).

In the releases repository is a note in the doc/source/index.rst file (I
think this is the source of http://docs.openstack.org/releases/) that
releases/liberty is the current stable release.

Christian.

--
Christian Berendt
Cloud Solution Architect