[openstack-dev] [Horizon] Updating XStatic packages

Richard Jones r1chardj0n3s at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 02:01:07 UTC 2016

In terms of process, obviously updating the data in the xstatic is
relatively easy (for most packages) but I wonder from a review standpoint
what sort of process we should have here. To approve a merge of an xstatic
package update, I feel like I should have, in order of preference:

1. a link to the change notes for the project in question so I can see what
the impact of the update is, or
2. a list of those changes in the bug or change message for the xstatic
update (i.e. the relevant information from #1), and
3. an explanation of what existing problems are being solved in Horizon
through the update (if any) or what impact there will be on Horizon with
the upgrade (i.e. an examination of #2 in the context of Horizon).

I know that we often need to justify package updates to downstream
packagers, and having this information will certainly help our case. Or is
this all a bit too much burden?

     Richard