[openstack-dev] [stable] [horizon] Horizon stable and fast increasing Django releases

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Mon Jan 11 09:44:11 UTC 2016

Thomas Goirand wrote:
> [...]
> Best would be if this kind of cap was only a temporary solution until we
> really fix the issues. If possible (I perfectly know that in some case
> this may be difficult), I'd like to have Horizon stable to contain
> backports for Django last release (currently 1.9), instead of just
> capping the requirements. Otherwise, Horizon becomes the single piece in
> all of OpenStack where I spend all of my maintainer's time, which really
> isn't good (there's lots of work to be done in other fields).
>
> Your thoughts? Am I the only one interested by this? Let's say I'm the
> only one interested by it (I hope it's not the case), if I do the work,
> will the patches be accepted in the Stable branch?

If the backports are done in a way that fixes issues for Django 1.9
users without changing code paths for <1.9 users, I guess that those
backports could be accepted. Sounds like a good topic to add to the
stable team meeting agenda if you want a more definitive answer to that
question.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)