[openstack-dev] [horizon] Problem with FilterAction in a TableTab

Chad Roberts croberts at redhat.com
Fri Jan 8 15:10:41 UTC 2016

I'm working on streamlining the Sahara UI by reducing the number of panels
and organizing them into tabs rather than individual panels.  I've come
across the following sticking point.  Hopefully, someone can lend a hand.

I now have a group of tabs in a TabbedTableView (each tab is a TableTab).
Some of these tables have a FilterAction that is of type "server" with a
set of field choices.  The filtering worked nicely when they were not in a
TabbedTableView (just a regular DataTableview).  However, the filtering no
longer works in the TabbedTableView.

In my TableTab class, I defined the get_<table_name>_data method, but I
have no natural way to do the filtering there (unless I hack a fair bit to
get the passed-in filters by hacking up a version of
"get_server_filter_info"...which I have done).  The problem remaining is
that after I filter, the values of the field choice and the filter are not
retained (they get reset to <blank>).

I'm still digging through how the FilterAction bits work in a non-tabbed
view, but it seems like something is lacking in the base classes.  Of
course, I'd prefer to have someone say, "duh, just do it like this".

Does this ring a bell for anyone?

Thanks,
Chad