[openstack-dev] [Horizon][Neutron] dashboard repository for neutron subprojects

Ihar Hrachyshka ihrachys at redhat.com
Mon Jan 4 11:45:17 UTC 2016

Akihiro Motoki <amotoki at gmail.com> wrote:

> [Packaging perspective]
>
> I am not sure how it affects.
> There is one concern as a package consumer.
>
>> Getting additional packages through distro channels can be surprisingly
>> difficult for new packages. :/
>
> How neutron team can answer to this?
> I think it is not specific to neutron subproject dashboard discussion.
> Neutron stadium mode already has this problem.
> Input from packaging side would be appreciated.

Distributions should work on fixing their processes. That’s what RDO
project is going through right now (f.e. we got rid of Fedora package
review process [that usually took too much time] as a prerequisite step for
inclusion). But if you still feel issues with proposing a new package for
RDO for neutron bits, please talk to me.

Ihar