[openstack-dev] [kolla] Adding Ubuntu Liberty to Kolla-Mitaka

Steven Dake (stdake) stdake at cisco.com
Mon Jan 4 10:48:48 UTC 2016

On 1/4/16, 3:15 AM, "Thomas Goirand" <zigo at debian.org> wrote:

>On 01/03/2016 10:45 PM, Sam Yaple wrote:
>> That said if you have a link to the project-config patch I will be more
>>than
>> happy to review it and follow it.
>
>My point being: I don't even know where to start. I need someone to help
>me start it, and then, I can fix/enhance/improve it.
>
>And yes, I did try, and read the docs. Any pointers would be helpful.
>
>Cheers,
>
>Thomas Goirand (zigo)

Thomas,

Adding a distribution to the gating is a very complex activity and
requires IIRC a full-time engineer to commit to maintaining the images.
Kolla developers can't help here, because we don¹t know how to add Debian
images to the gate.  Your best bet is to drop by #openstack-infra on irc
and ask the appropriate questions.  The infra team rocks and can get you
headed in the correct direction.  But keep in mind, it is a big commitment
to add a distro to the gating.

Regards
-steve