[openstack-dev] [kolla] Adding Ubuntu Liberty to Kolla-Mitaka

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Tue Jan 5 15:25:33 UTC 2016

On 01/04/2016 06:48 PM, Steven Dake (stdake) wrote:
> Thomas,
>
> Adding a distribution to the gating is a very complex activity and
> requires IIRC a full-time engineer to commit to maintaining the images.
> Kolla developers can't help here, because we don¹t know how to add Debian
> images to the gate. Your best bet is to drop by #openstack-infra on irc
> and ask the appropriate questions. The infra team rocks and can get you
> headed in the correct direction. But keep in mind, it is a big commitment
> to add a distro to the gating.
>
> Regards
> -steve

The infra team is busy and haven't been able to help me much, even
though they all know I really need this.

As for the commitment, I am well aware of it, and I do intend to move
towards packaging from trunk as soon as I have the Debian image up and
running. When we do, my colleagues at Mirantis will also move to help me
there.

Though I need help for the first bootstraping of the image, and I've ask
for such help for about 5 months already without success ... :(

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)