[openstack-dev] [kolla] Adding Ubuntu Liberty to Kolla-Mitaka

Sam Yaple samuel at yaple.net
Sun Jan 3 14:45:47 UTC 2016

> > I also want Debian implementations in our code base.  I'm sorry to say I
> > don't have any bandwidth to help actually make that happen on your end,
> > but once the Ubuntu work is done, it should be fairly straightforward to
> > port it to also work on Debian (since I think the package names are the
> > same).

> That's not entirely truth. There's package name differences (and the
> services which they attach to) for Nova, Neutron and Horizon. All of
> which is handled by upstream puppet-openstack.

Thats fine. The sentence should have been worded "mostly the same". We
already deal with small differences.

> Hopefully, this will happen soon. Though best would be if it is made in
> upstream infra. Which I'm currently stuck with because I don't know how
> to add a new Debian image. If this happen, then my project will go
further.

Luckily, thats not as big an issue for us. Specifically we do everything in
Docker containers so the only thing shared with the host is going to be the
kernel (though there may be some systemd issues until 16.04). The point
being we can test fairly reliable even on an Ubuntu host. That said if you
have a link to the project-config patch I will be more than happy to review
it and follow it.

Sam Yaple