[openstack-dev] [kolla] Adding Ubuntu Liberty to Kolla-Mitaka

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Sun Jan 3 10:05:25 UTC 2016

On 12/29/2015 10:36 PM, Steven Dake (stdake) wrote:
> Thomas,
>
> I also want Debian implementations in our code base.  I'm sorry to say I
> don't have any bandwidth to help actually make that happen on your end,
> but once the Ubuntu work is done, it should be fairly straightforward to
> port it to also work on Debian (since I think the package names are the
> same).

That's not entirely truth. There's package name differences (and the
services which they attach to) for Nova, Neutron and Horizon. All of
which is handled by upstream puppet-openstack.

> The beta releases are not enough for us, however.  What we need is in
> order of preference 1) per-commit, 2) nightly package builds 3) builds
> with 3-5 day delta.  Anything else is not helpful.  I am not criticizing
> you, I know you are only one dude and are not superman, just explaining
> what we need :)

Hopefully, this will happen soon. Though best would be if it is made in
upstream infra. Which I'm currently stuck with because I don't know how
to add a new Debian image. If this happen, then my project will go further.

> The reason we need this is we want to gate on the latest software
> OpenStack has to offer.  In this thread there has been discussion of
> Delorean which is Red Hat's RDO rebuilt from master every 2-3 days.  While
> imperfect and sometimes gate-blocking for several days (because it isn't
> per-commit) it gives us a good sanity check of our software gates.
>
> The only way we can ever get to voting gating packaging is with per-commit
> builds as well as OpenStack mirrors of the packaging.

See above. Help me to get a patch on upstream project-config, to get a
new Debian image added, then I'll be able to work further on this.

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)