[openstack-dev] [oslo] upgrade implications of lots of content in paste.ini

Michael Krotscheck krotscheck at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 16:58:57 UTC 2016

On Thu, Feb 18, 2016 at 9:58 AM Sean Dague <sean at dague.net> wrote:

> Here is the future we're going to have.

The future is only going to happen if help materializes. So far, we still
need updated patches on all 22 projects, and these will need to land in
time for the mitaka release. I can commit to doing about 5 of them given my
other obligations, and I need help for the rest.

Who is willing to help?

Right now, it appears that the default in the middleware is do nothing.
> That means CORS won't be in a functional state on services by default.
> However, I thought the point of the effort was that all the APIs in the
> wild would be CORS enabled.

This is by design, and is specifically called out in the cross-project
specification, adopted on June 9th.

http://specs.openstack.org/openstack/openstack-specs/specs/cors-support.html

I'm not hugely sympathetic to defaulting to not having the Keystone
> headers specified in the non keystone case. I get there are non keystone
> cases, but keystone is defcore. Making the keystone case worse for the
> non keystone case seems like fundamentally the wrong tradeoff.

The non-keystone use cases is also mentioned in the spec.

Michael