[openstack-dev] [all] A proposal to separate the design summit

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Tue Feb 23 11:41:28 UTC 2016

Thierry,

Thanks for writing this up.

On 02/22/2016 11:14 PM, Thierry Carrez wrote:
> More importantly, it would be set to happen a couple of weeks /before/
> the previous cycle release. There is a lot of overlap between cycles.
> Work on a cycle starts at the previous cycle feature freeze, while there
> is still 5 weeks to go. Most people switch full-time to the next cycle
> by RC1. Organizing the event just after that time lets us organize the
> work and kickstart the new cycle at the best moment. It also allows us
> to use our time together to quickly address last-minute release-critical
> issues if such issues arise.

Just a quick comment on the timing... :P

While it makes little sense to have the design summit scheduled a long
time after the final release, I'm a little bit scared that having the
design summit meetings between RC1 and the final release includes the
risk to loose the focus on RC bug fixing.

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)