[openstack-dev] [all] A proposal to separate the design summit

Henry Nash henrynash9 at mac.com
Mon Feb 22 19:11:18 UTC 2016

> On 22 Feb 2016, at 17:45, Thierry Carrez <thierry at openstack.org> wrote:
>
> Amrith Kumar wrote:
>> [...]
>> As a result of this proposal, there will still be four events each year, two "OpenStack Summit" events and two "MidCycle" events.
>
> Actually, the OpenStack summit becomes the midcycle event. The new separated contributors-oriented event[tm] happens at the beginning of the new cycle.

So in general a well thought out proposal - and it certainly helps address some of the early concerns over a “simplistic” split. I was also worrying, however, about the reduction in developer face time - it wasn’t immediate clear that the main summit could be treated as a developer midcycle. Is the idea that we just let this be informally organized by the projects, or tha there would at least be room set aside for each project (but without all the formal cross-project structure/agenda that there is in a main developer summit)?