[openstack-dev] [openstack-ansible] Installing networking-* pythonclient extensions to multiple locations

Javeria Khan javeriak at plumgrid.com
Sun Feb 21 11:09:59 UTC 2016

Hey everyone,

At the moment OSA installs the python-neutronclient in a few locations
including the containers neutron-server, utility, heat, tempest.

Now neutron has a bunch of sub-projects like networking-l2gw [1],
networking-bgpvpn [2] networking-plumgrid [5] etc, which have their own
python-neutronclient CLI extensions [3][4][5] in their respective
repositories and packages.

Since these CLI extensions are not part of the neutron packages and must be
enabled by installing the additional networking-* packages. We don't
install most of these sub-projects in OSA at the moment, however moving
forward do you think its reasonable to install said packages in every
location that installs the neutron client inside the OSA plays? If so, then
how would you recommend we go about it since the installation will be
conditional on the enabling of the relevant neutron subproject features?

[1] https://github.com/openstack/networking-l2gw
[2] https://github.com/openstack/networking-bgpvpn
[3]
https://github.com/openstack/networking-l2gw/tree/master/networking_l2gw/l2gatewayclient