[openstack-dev] [Manila] ALLOWED_EXTRA_MISSING is cover.sh

Valeriy Ponomaryov vponomaryov at mirantis.com
Wed Feb 10 18:39:56 UTC 2016

Hello, John

Note, that digit "4" defines amount of "python code blocks", not "python
code lines". So, you can have uncovered some log message that consists of
100 lines. But it will be counted as just 1.
Who "we" have requirement that new drivers have 90% unit test coverage?
And, Manila CI coverage job non-voting. So, you are not blocked by it.

On Wed, Feb 10, 2016 at 8:30 PM, Knight, Clinton <Clinton.Knight at netapp.com>
wrote:

> Hi, John.  This is but one reason the coverage job doesn¹t vote; it has
> other known issues.  It is primarily a convenience tool that lets core
> reviewers know if they should look more deeply into unit test coverage.
> For a new driver such as yours, I typically pull the code and check
> coverage for each new file in PyCharm rather than relying on the coverage
> job.  Feel free to propose enhancements to the job, though.
>
> Clinton
>

> On 2/10/16, 1:02 PM, "John Spray" <jspray at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >I noticed that the coverage script is enforcing a hard limit of 4 on
> >the number of extra missing lines introduced.  We have a requirement
> >that new drivers have 90% unit test coverage, which the ceph driver
> >meets[1], but it's tripping up on that absolute 4 line limit.
> >
> >What do folks think about tweaking the script to do a different
> >calculation, like identifying new files and permitting 10% of the line
> >count of the new files to be missed?  Otherwise I think the 90% target
> >is going to continually conflict with the manila-coverage CI task.
> >
> >Cheers,
> >John
> >
> >1.
> >
> http://logs.openstack.org/11/270211/19/check/manila-coverage/47b79d2/cover