[openstack-dev] [nova] Consistency in versioned notification payloads

Matt Riedemann mriedem at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Fri Dec 30 22:23:24 UTC 2016

While reviewing patches today to add versioned notifications for CRUD
operations on aggregates and flavors I've come across some inconsistency.

The existing non-versioned notification for aggregate.delete just sends
the aggregate id, but the versioned notification is sending the whole
aggregate object in the payload:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/394512/9/doc/notification_samples/aggregate-delete-end.json

But with the flavor-delete versioned notification, it's just sending the
flavorid:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/398171/16/doc/notification_samples/flavor-delete.json

So which should we be doing? Either way you can correlate the id on the
resource in the notification back to the full record if needed, but
should we be sending the full object in the versioned notification
payload while we have it? I don't much care either way which we do as
long as we're consistent.

Matt Riedemann