[openstack-dev] [tripleo] [ci]

Wesley Hayutin whayutin at redhat.com
Tue Dec 20 13:28:02 UTC 2016

On Fri, Dec 16, 2016 at 9:12 AM, Flavio Percoco <flavio at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 14/12/16 21:44 -0500, Emilien Macchi wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Dec 14, 2016 at 7:22 PM, Wesley Hayutin <whayutin at redhat.com>
>> wrote:

>>> Just a quick update,
>>> The container CI is successfully deploying the overcloud with the
>>> containerized compute node.
>>>

>> Do we have the job in place in tripleo CI? I might have missed the
>> info, but I don't see it yet.
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Once we have it, we might want to run it for every patch in THT that
>> touch docker/* files.
>>

> +1 for this, although I'm starting to think that we should just run it.
> Last
> time it broke, it was caused by a patch that didn't touch files under
> `docker`
>
> Flavio
>

>> I need to update the instructions a bit so you may want to hold off on
>>> trying it out until you see an update.
>>>
>>> The heat ping test is failing, but this is progress and we're back on
>>> track
>>> :)
>>> The environment is running and logs are available, ping me personally if
>>> you
>>> need access.
>>>
>>> Thanks..
>>>

>>> Ping test failure:

>>> not
>>> enough
>>>

>> --
>> Emilien Macchi

> --
> @flaper87
> Flavio Percoco

Greetings,

After pulling in a few unmerged changes via devmode tripleo-quickstart the
container CI is passing the deployment and ping test.

Updated docs at

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/400983/17/roles/overcloud-prep-containers/README.md

The two patch sets are brought into the build with

export OPT_ADDITIONAL_PARAMETERS=" -e
overcloud_templates_refspec=refs/changes/80/395880/12 -e
overcloud_tripleo_common_refspec=refs/changes/08/411908/2"

I'll be working w/ the tripleo-quickstart core to try and get a merge on
the three patches required.

Thanks