[openstack-dev] [TripleO][Upgrade Squad syncup]

Julie Pichon jpichon at redhat.com
Wed Dec 14 09:17:39 UTC 2016

On 14 December 2016 at 08:56, Dougal Matthews <dougal at redhat.com> wrote:
> On 13 December 2016 at 16:12, Emilien Macchi <emilien at redhat.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Dec 13, 2016 at 10:58 AM, Marios Andreou <marios at redhat.com>
>> wrote:
>> > Hi OOOs o/ as discussed on this week's upstream weekly irc meeting [1]
>> > lets schedule a syncup on the Ocata composable upgrades work and how we
>> > will build on Steve Hardy's base ansible driven implementation.
>> >
>> > IMO a call would be the best format (I propose to schedule a bluejeans
>> > call, though I am open to any other suggestions). For now I've setup a
>> > doodle poll at http://doodle.com/poll/rp8ck6tstaagftqr - please vote if
>> > you'd like to participate. Assuming we go with bluejeans (unless I hear
>> > strong pushback/other suggestions) then I'll try and make a recording
>> > available to address the concerns expressed at
>> >
>> > http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2016-December/108780.html
>> > (thanks shardy for pointing that out).
>> >
>> > Moving forward we should probably switch to an irc based syncup,
>>
>> As long as:
>> - we have zero pushbash from our community members
>> - anyone can join the call
>> - our design and discussions stay open (mailing-list, tripleo-specs, IRC)
>> - a nice summary is sent to openstack-dev
>
> or maybe even better, a recording is posted online?

Personally, I find summaries easier to parse compared to finding an
hour to listen to people talking back and forth about something,
though it doesn't need to be an either/or proposition :) One of the
issues brought up in the other thread about video calls is that they
can be difficult to follow for folks who don't have English as a first
language. Having a few written notes about what came up during the
meeting and some of the conclusions would help with this I think.

Looking forward to seeing how the upgrade work comes along!

Julie