[openstack-dev] [cinder] drbdmanage is no more GPL2

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Mon Dec 12 16:58:42 UTC 2016

On 2016-12-12 16:44:53 +0000 (+0000), Duncan Thomas wrote:
[...]
> Having read the Openstack rules linked to earlier in the thread
> ( https://governance.openstack.org/tc/reference/licensing.html )
> we're clearly violating that.
[...]

Keep in mind that those guidelines were drafted in collaboration
with legal counsel for the foundation, and so do not merely
represent community ideals we strive to meet but actual legal
obligations to avoid license incompatibilities where driver
interfaces can imply derivative works. There's been some
cross-project review of driver commonalities/differences underway to
inform a more structured legal discussion. It's not complete yet as
far as I know, but expect the broader discussion on it to resume
fairly soon.
--
Jeremy Stanley