[openstack-dev] [cinder] drbdmanage is no more GPL2

Duncan Thomas duncan.thomas at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 16:47:30 UTC 2016

On 12 December 2016 at 16:35, Ash <ash at wildernessvoice.com> wrote:

> I tend to agree with you, Sean. Also, if there's a concern that some
> project has changed its license, then just create a fork. In the case of
> this previously GPL code, it will at least be re-distributable. In the end,
> I just don't think this is a huge issue that cannot be easily managed.

Creating a fork is easy. Maintaining a fork against bitrot, and managing
the drift between the 'official' version and the fork, is a task that
requires resources that are hard to find.

We've put up patches to remove (At least)  two drivers for exactly this
sort of switch before, and I think it was the right thing to do then and
now.