[openstack-dev] [TripleO] Move redis out of Pacemaker

Emilien Macchi emilien at redhat.com
Mon Dec 12 13:27:41 UTC 2016

On Fri, Dec 9, 2016 at 10:49 AM, Pradeep Kilambi <prad at redhat.com> wrote:
> Hey Folks:
>
> I would like to get some thoughts on $Subject. This came up when i was
> discussing the standalone roles for telemetry. Currently when we deploy
> redis in tripleo, its a pacemaker managed service. So if we were to deploy
> telemetry services on a dedicated node we could. But redis will have to be
> on a another node? (assuming we dont want to pull in pacemaker on to
> telemetry nodes).
>
> With most services moved out of pacemaker in Newton, I think its time to
> move redis as well? Are there any constraints in moving redis to be managed
> by systemd? Looking at how we do it, It should be easily movable to systemd?
> Can we consider doing this for Ocata?
>
> Thoughts?

If I understand correctly the work that is being done in Composable
HA, Redis will be able to be deployed with Pacemaker on a dedicated
node:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/362389

I'm not sure if we can deploy it with systemd only, in a HA manner but
Michele could eventually confirm.

Regarding the timeline to do it in Ocata, I'm really not sure that's
doable, it depends on the Composable HA progress I guess.
--
Emilien Macchi