[openstack-dev] [Horizon] End of week wrap-up

Richard Jones r1chardj0n3s at gmail.com
Sat Dec 10 07:56:38 UTC 2016

Hi folks,

Ocata-2 will be released next week and we've had little success
getting the priority patches reviewed, unfortunately. We have had some
wins though, getting the upper-constraints stability patches into
stable Mitaka, which means we can be more confident releasing the
angular-bootstrap 2.2.0 xstatic library, and getting us out of the
dark ages of angular-bootstrap! We've also seen the profiler developer
panel get added, which will help us nail down some of the performance
issues that have been difficult to diagnose.

So yes, we're planning on tagging Horizon Ocata-2 (b2) next week, and
very shortly afterwards we'll be releasing xstatic-angular-bootstrap
2.2.0.0, and rolling in the compatibility patch for that into Horizon.
Horizon will be broken for a few days while compatibility is merged,
appropriate files are released and upper-constraints is updated.
Apologies, but that's just how backwards-incompatibility rolls,
sometimes!

This week's meeting[1] saw us discussing some of the patches under
review, but mostly, we discussed what to do with the languishing
integration test suite. David Lyle, PTL of many cycles, argued
strongly that they were a lost cause, and there was general support
for removing them completely, and migrating UI / full stack level
tests over to tempest. We have a couple of folks who will be looking
into that.

We also talked a little about our microversions approach, and Rob and
I have been nutting through the design of the approach in the
microversions etherherpad[2] to come up with an approach described in
the blueprint[3]. There's some ground-work to be done (pulling in
min/max version information, matching it to the config), and then
patches like instance description support can start using that version
support check facility.

There was also a request to be more fine-grained in attaching
blueprints to patches - the old "angularlise identity panels"
blueprint was widely abused, and it's good to see the individual panel
work being divided up now, thanks everyone!

Finally, we had a short talk about the mascot, and how to send
feedback on it (which you need to do ASAP if you haven't already). The
feedback link is [4]

Have a great weekend!

    Richard

[1] http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/horizon/2016/horizon.2016-12-07-20.00.html