[openstack-dev] [openstack-ansible][security] Need reviewers/testers for new STIG content

Major Hayden major at mhtx.net
Thu Dec 8 22:12:11 UTC 2016

Hey there,

All of the patches for the 236 STIG controls in the RHEL 7 beta STIG are merged or under review in the openstack-ansible-security[0] role!

Here's what you need to know:

  * The original RHEL6 STIG content is still in place.
  * The new RHEL7 STIG content is going into tasks/rhel7stig/
  * The RHEL7 STIG tasks only support Ubuntu 16.04 (Xenial),
    CentOS 7, and Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.
  * The RHEL6 STIG content will likely be removed in P/Q

Now to my request: I'm in need of reviewers and testers. ;)

TESTERS
- -------

If you're interested in testing, spin up a new VM or find a test server.  Clone the repository and run the tests:

  git clone https://github.com/openstack/openstack-ansible-security
  cd openstack-ansible-security
  tox -e func_rhel7

The server should still be totally functional after running the tests.  If the playbook stops for any reason, displays an error, or has confusing output, please file a bug[1].  Also, if something isn't working right on your system after the playbook finishes, file a bug for that as well.

REVIEWERS

If you're interested in reviewing, please take a look at the queue of patches[2].  I've tried my best to break up the patches into the smallest pieces possible so that they're easier to review.

THANKS!
- -------

Thanks to everyone who has helped make this role a success with patches, reviews, testing, and general encouragement. ;)

- --
Major Hayden

[0] https://github.com/openstack/openstack-ansible-security
[1] https://launchpad.net/openstack-ansible/+filebug