[openstack-dev] [Performance][shaker] Triangular topology

Matthieu Simonin matthieu.simonin at inria.fr
Wed Dec 7 14:25:49 UTC 2016

----- Mail original -----

I totally agree as it could cover a lot of use cases.

> I already have a patch that allows to deploy graph-based topology:
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/407495/ but it does not configure
> concurrency properly yet (concurrency still increments by pairs, solution
> tbd)

I'm guessing that changing the semantic of concurrency with regard to the other
 scenarios is maybe not a good thing.

As far as I understand a concurrency of 3 with the following graph

- [A, B]
- [B, C]
- [C, A]

will lead to 3 flows (potentially bi-directionnal) being active.

So without changing the current semantic of the concurrency
we could have all flows active, with a concurrency of 6 for the following :

graph:
- [A, B]
- [B, C]
- [C, A]
- [A, B]
- [B, C]
- [C, A]

In that case, what would mean a concurrency of 3 with the above graph ?
In other words, can we make sure that [A,B], [B,C] and [C,A] are active ?
More generally, for a custom graph, maybe we can find a way to specify in
the yaml what pairs should be active for a given concurrency level.
This could be in the above case (pseudo-yaml) :
graph:
- [A, B],1
- [B, C],2
- [C, A],3
- [A, B],4
- [B, C],5
- [C, A],6

all pairs with a number less or equal to the concurrency will be considered active.

> Please check whether my approach suits your use case, feedback appreciated
> :)

I like it !