[openstack-dev] [Performance][shaker] Triangular topology

Ilya Shakhat ishakhat at mirantis.com
Tue Dec 6 13:39:28 UTC 2016

Hi Matt,

I would suggest to let users specify custom topology in Shaker scenario via
graphs (e.g. directed triangle would look like: A -> B, B -> C, C -> A),
where every pair of nodes is pair of VMs and every edge corresponds to the
traffic flow. The above example will be deployed as 6 VMs, 2 per compute
node (since we need to separate ingress and egress flows).

I already have a patch that allows to deploy graph-based topology:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/407495/ but it does not configure
concurrency properly yet (concurrency still increments by pairs, solution
tbd)

Please check whether my approach suits your use case, feedback appreciated
:)

Thanks,
Ilya