[openstack-dev] [nova] placement/resource providers update 4

Ed Leafe ed at leafe.com
Tue Dec 6 21:22:52 UTC 2016

On Dec 6, 2016, at 3:00 PM, melanie witt <melwittt at gmail.com> wrote:

> Last time I was aware of the discussion, I thought that sophisticated queries for a list of resource providers would involve specifying a structured JSON payload. That is where I don't tend to think a query string in the URI is so usable. Are we assuming user queries will be relatively simple?

I’m not sure where there was discussion of sophisticated queries, or exactly what would constitute a sophisticated query. We designed resource providers so that they would have simple integer inventories, and traits so that they would be simple booleans. So the queries should be similarly simple.

-- Ed Leafe