[openstack-dev] [nova] placement/resource providers update 4

Ed Leafe ed at leafe.com
Tue Dec 6 21:02:00 UTC 2016

On Dec 6, 2016, at 2:42 PM, Jay Pipes <jaypipes at gmail.com> wrote:

> Oh, absolutely, I wasn't arguing about length of URI or anything.
>
> To be clear, I could either go the above route or even do a POST /resource_providers that returns a list of resource providers instead of creating a resource provider. Don't mind either way.
>
> But, we should definitely agree on which this is going to be ASAP.

http://specs.openstack.org/openstack/api-wg/guidelines/uri.html#complex-queries

There is no compelling reason that anyone has put forth for using POST; they all seem to boil down to “I prefer it”, without any good technical reasoning behind it. Since this is new development, we should be good OpenStack citizens and ensure that our APIs are consistent with the rest of OpenStack.

-- Ed Leafe