[openstack-dev] [kolla] Question about config cinder volume

Jason HU huzhijiang at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 13:49:22 UTC 2016

Hi Kolla team,
I want to use Cinder and LVM as backend driver. Questions are:
1. Will Glance use Cinder volume as storage automatically when I enable Cinder?
2. I heard that kolla has a third party plugin method which can be used to do some setup on target node. Can it be used to setup the cinder-volume vg? Is there any example on doing this?

3. The storage system is HDS AMS2300 which seems do not supported by any Cinder driver. So I have to use LVM backend. According to the cinder/glance bug mentioned in Kolla doc, does it mean that I can not deploy multi-controller scenario, unless using Ceph?

B.R.,
Zhijiang HU